Monday, February 14, 2011

Welcome Baby Lucas



No, this is NOT one of the twins!  Don't panic.  Yesterday afternoon our friends Sony & Rob welcomed their little bundle of joy, Lucas Alexander Leming.  He's supposedly over a month early (due March 14) but the doctors who delivered are wondering if the due date was off - he was born 6lb 2oz and healthy as ever!  If only I wasn't on bed rest I would be over there holding him right now!  He's so cute!  That puts the tally up to THREE when it comes to counting friends and family who have given birth since my bed rest started just over a week ago.  

I'm just glad it's not me giving birth.  These babies need to stay put!  Each day they stay cooking is soo important right now.  UCSD's (my hospital) survival rates for really early preemie's are as follows:

24 weeks: 50/50 chance
26 weeks: 75% chance
28 weeks: 90-95% chance.

Amazing how much it jumps up with each week.  I'm 25 weeks as of yesterday.  The plan is to keep them cooking!  

No comments:

Post a Comment