Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Quick Update

Appointment went very well today.  Everything looks more or less stable (hasn't shortened significantly since last week) so I get to stay at home on bed rest instead of the hospital.  I think the official cervical measurement was 1.5cm and last week was 1.7cm.  I'm just ecstatic to not have to go to the hospital!  Wooo!
Also, both babies are growing really well--they are 2lb 4oz and 2lb 5oz.  So very close in size and measuring a week ahead in size, which is great.  Based on my gestation (26 weeks, 3 days) and their weights the perinatologist (high-risk prenatal doctor) that I met with today told me their survival chances are 88-91%!  So that's great news!  Of course we could possibly still deal with potential blindness, deafness, cerebral palsy or some other issue if they WERE born this early so we don't want them to stay in as long as possible!  Every day helps!
Overall, just soooo happy to be home and have another week at least I get to stay here!  Next appointment is next Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment