Sunday, February 6, 2011

Home Sweet Home!!

I'm home!!!!  I'm so happy to be home!   At the hospital, an intern came in this morning at 6am to do an ultrasound and measure the cervix.  I was VERY happy to hear that it measured a whole 1/2 centimeter longer than it did on Thursday evening!  Resting in the hospital has obviously done some good for me!  About an hour later my DR came by (he had rounds that morning in the hospital) to talk about the findings.  He was pleased as well that the cervix got longer instead of shorter.  He said I could go home-- BUT I would have to be on strict bed rest until further notice.  He said even though it is measuring longer right now, it is not as strong, and if he had me walk around the hospital hallway for 5 minutes and then measured it again it would likely be shorter again.  He has 25+ years experience with running a "multiples program" so has seen shortened cervices time and time again and says he often sees great results with rest when it comes to twin pregnancies (even more so than singleton pregnancies for some reason).  So, I'm home.  I'm allowed to get up to use the bathroom and for a short shower each day.  Other than that, laying down or can be slightly propped up. No walking around, no grocery shopping, no cleaning, absolutely no lifting Chloë, etc.

 I have a previously scheduled appointment with him on Tuesday at 9am so I'll be checked again then to see how things look.  At this point we will just be taking it appointment by appointment.  Here at home we are taking it hour by hour and day by day.

Chloë helping Daddy make cookies
(I took this photo while on my way to the bathroom...)

Got to watch Super Bowl at home from my couch!  Woo!
The fam watching Super Bowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment