Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My Baby is Growin' Up!!

My little pumpkin is going to start preschool next week!!  How can it be time for me to send her off already?!?!   Okay, it's really only for two mornings per week, but still....

So she'll be starting on March 1st (the day after she turns 2) and will go every Tuesday and Thursday from 9am-12pm.  We decided awhile back that enrolling her in something like this BEFORE the twins arrive would be a good idea.  That way when they are born she will have her very own "Chloë's thing" and a little time away from two crying infants who don't know how to play with her yet.  I've been a full-time mom since Chloë was born and we've always been on-the-go together basically since day one.  I've never really considered myself a "stay-at-home" home because, honestly, I almost NEVER stay at home.  We like to be out and about all the time whether it's just on a walk, to the park, to museums, on play dates with other kids, running errands, out for a treat,  Gymboree...anything.  Chloë and I both get antsy staying in the house for too long (which is one reason I'm not sure I would fare well in a different climate, but that's a different topic).  Anyways, my point is that with twins I'm probably going to have to face the reality that it's not going to be so easy to get out the door on a daily basis, at least at the beginning.  So this will at least let Chloë have some social time with peers and a change of scenery.  It will also give me a whopping 6 hours per week where I only have to keep two little ones under the age of 2 1/2 alive, instead of three!

Her preschool is a two-year-old class (they move teachers & rooms when they turn 3) at a church that's only 2 blocks away from our house, if that.  The class has 2 teachers, Ms. Gina & Ms. Abby, and a maximum of 10 children, so a good ratio in my opinion.  Ms. Gina & Ms. Abby have co-taught in this classroom for 5 or 6 years already, which I think is great.  A few of the other preschools we looked at had a much higher teacher turnover rate.  Both teachers are really welcoming and friendly and seem very excited to have Chloë join their class.

Since Chloë starts next week, they suggested she come in a couple times this week for visits with one of us.   I had been really excited about being able to take her to these visits, but obviously that isn't happening.  However, I did get to visit the school with Chloë once when we did the initial tour and another time when we stopped in for a visit about a month ago.

So this morning Myke and Chloë headed off and spent about 45 minutes in her soon-to-be classroom.  They'll go again on Thursday for another visit.  Yes, I'm crushed that I can't be involved in this, but at least Myke was able to text me a photo from the trenches.  See below:

Working on a project with Ms. Gina

Choo-Choo!  

According to Myke, Chloë had a blast during the visit.  She played with the other kids and really seemed to enjoy working on the train project.  He said she even cried when they had to go, but he finally convinced her it was okay by promising they'd come back again soon.  She then gave both of her teachers hugs goodbye!  I think she's ready for this!  The question is, am I?  

No comments:

Post a Comment