Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Chloë eating raspberries

At this point I'm probably updating the blog more for entertainment for myself than anything.  So you'll find no new news in this post, just me rambling as I pass time in my bed :)  I'm feeling very positive today - just about everything.  There has been a lot of good and exciting things happening lately.  My cousin had her baby boy yesterday, then my college friend, Judy, gave birth to her baby girl this morning, and then another friend got a positive pregnancy test today after 3 years of trying and multiple in-vitro fertilization treatments!  Her hormone levels are still low, but it at least showed up as positive and we're hoping that the numbers go up when they do a follow-up blood test on Friday.  

Also, I'm on a group message board/support group on babycenter.com about subchorionic hemorrhages (SCH) and there are 2 women in the group who gave birth to their babies really early due to the SCH.  One delivered at 24 weeks 1 day and the other at 25 weeks.  Of course that is a really scary situation and is far from ideal, but both have updated recently that their babies are both doing great.  They are still in the NICUs but at least one of them is off the tubes and machines.  They still have long roads ahead, but it's promising to see that babies born this early CAN make it.  The one who was born at 24 weeks 1 day weighed 1lb 1oz at birth!  Two weeks ago at my growth scan the twins measured 1lb 5oz and 1lb 3oz so I'm sure they are even bigger now.  My DR told me that weight is a better indicator of how they will do outside the womb than gestational age, so that is good news.  My boys are already measuring bigger than they are "supposed to be".  (**On a side note, no one even really cares about the SCH anymore.  At my appointment yesterday they said they don't even really see much of anything there in regards to what they saw a month ago.  It most likely reabsorbed.  The concern is now the cervical length, instead, but at least I can stop worrying about the hemorrhage!) 

Here is another positive thing that just "happened":  
Iced decaf caramel latte = yummy goodness!

Thanks to Myke's parents for the Starbucks cards for Valentine's Day and thanks to Heather for going and getting me this!  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment