Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Heather & Chloë

Our great friend Heather has been our lifesaver the past couple weeks while I've been on bed rest.  She's Chloë's godmother and she lives in L.A. and she just happened to be driving down for a visit the same day that I ended up in Labor & Delivery and then 3 nights in the hospital two weekends ago.  Myke ended up with me in the hospital until midnight that first night while I was getting admitted so I don't know what we would have done with Chloë if it hadn't been for Heather being here at that time.

 

It also ended up working out well that Heather is currently between jobs so she was able to come down and spend a few days with Chloë last week and then again this week.  Chloë just loves Heather so that works out really well.   Also, she has gotten so much done for us - which makes it just that much easier to be stuck on bed rest.  She did quite a few grocery store runs, a couple Target runs, has changed my sheets multiple times (you change your sheets every few days when on bed rest just to keep them feeling fresh--I'll blame Chloë for the crumbs that keep collecting in them!), washed our comforter (twice--the 2nd time after Chloë poured a glass of milk on this this morning), folded our laundry, cleaned up the kitchen, cooked meals, made gluten-free vegan banana bread muffins (yum!), cleaned our Chloë's sock drawer and bought her new socks that fit, etc...and all the while entertaining and caring for Chloë during the day.  Phew!  I honestly don't know what I'd do without her right now.

Yesterday she took Chloë to the San Diego Zoo.  Here are a few pictures from their outing:








No comments:

Post a Comment