Saturday, February 12, 2011

Spring Weather (and dryer lint) in the Air...

Today might be the most difficult of the days to be stuck in bed so far.  Mainly because it's BEAUTIFUL outside today and supposed to get up to 75 degrees.  I can see people outside running, riding bikes, etc.  Even Myke went out jogging with a friend this morning (and with Chloë in the jogging stroller and our dog).  At least I can open the sliding door to our little balcony and get fresh air.  There was none of that at the hospital.   Here is my view from my bed:


Also, Myke is off work so I know I'm missing out on doing things together out and about on this beautiful day.  It would be a perfect day for a hike.  Ahhhh...

Myke seemed a little overwhelmed with his new life as a "single" full-time working dad yesterday so I managed to find someone to take Chloë to the park & playground for a few hours this morning so he could just have a little "down" time.  I say "down" time in quotes because I ended up awake at 5am this morning creating a "Honey-Do" list of things that need to be done around the house.  I didn't mean he had to do them all (or any of them for that matter) today and, in my defense, he had asked me to create a list of jobs that need to be done before the babies arrive so he can start tackling them one by one.

One of the jobs (and I don't even know why I'm sharing this..) was to clean under the washer and dryer. This got added to the list after Myke mentioned he reached down to pick something up in that general vicinity the other day and noticed about an inch of dust & gunk under the bottom ledge of the washer!  I don't know why I act surprised.  We have lived here over 7 years and I don't think anyone has ever pulled the washer and dryer out to clean under and behind.  I'm sure it's a fire hazard just waiting to happen.  So while I'm up here laying in bed Myke has been sending me pictures via text message of what is going on downstairs.  Here is under the washer:
GROSS!!  

This looks like a photo you would see of a house on "Hoarders: Buried Alive" or something like that.  Very embarrassing.  However, I then heard a vacuum running and about 5 minutes later I get this photo:
Just like new!

The same area!  Sparkling clean!  Just need to wipe the side of the dryer and it will be like new (almost)!

Oh, before I go- He just texted me another disgusting photo that I have to share.  Apparently, he is now cleaning lint out of the hose and here is the collection so far: 
about 2lbs of lint came out of 2 feet of dryer hose!
If my Grandma Schneider were still alive she would for sure find a way to make this into something useful.  You don't throw anything away at her house! :)  



Go Myke!  He not only works full-time but he is an absolutely amazing daddy to Chloë, he is cooking the meals (that adhere to his vegan, gluten-free diet--this is NOT always an easy task), doing the shopping, running errands, attempting to tire out our golden retriever, and running up and down 3 levels to take care of me.  And now spending his Saturday morning getting down & dirty with the laundry room.  He deserves a medal!  

No comments:

Post a Comment