Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thursday Ramblings

Nothing exciting to report today.  I know you're shocked when you hear that because so many exciting things should be happening as I lay here in my bed all day, right?  After my last appointment on Tuesday and seeing how much a small strain motion made my cervix shorten, I've decided to limit my visits to another level of the house to every other day, IF that.  So today it's me and my bed.  All day long.  It's just not worth the possible strain I could put on my body at this early of gestation.

Tomorrow marks one week of living in a bed and, surprisingly, I haven't really gotten bored yet.  I haven't even watched one movie in that time or read one full book (though I did start a book).  I think I'm partially ADD...I just keep moving from thing to thing.  My attention span for a movie is too short.  I'm just not that big of a TV person to begin with so that's probably part of it.  My laptop on the other hand has been my best friend (though I'm not spending nearly as much time mindlessly browsing Facebook as I thought I would be).  I also have a pile of things ready for when I feel the urge: my crochet materials, magazines, Chloë's baby book (which seriously needs updating), bills to pay, more books, etc.  Tomorrow starts my crochet lessons (revisited-it has been months since I have touched anything knit or crochet related...ADD).  Thank you, Louise for motivating me to get moving on this with your suggestion of YouTube video tutorials.  You're right, there is no better time than now for me to learn.  :)

My big highlight of the day was the arrival of this:

My new bed rest tray table that I ordered from Amazon.com!!  Talk about speedy shipping--I just ordered it yesterday!  (FYI- if you are a parent, sign up for Amazon Mom on their site--FREE 2 DAY shipping on all of your orders that qualify..which is a lot of things!...and signing up is FREE).  I wasn't expecting it to arrive until tomorrow but it came today.  Technically, I'm not supposed to sit up too much or lay on my back for too long, but this will be helpful for meal times at the very least.  There are few things worse than crumbs in your sheets when stuck on bed rest.  I can also flip the legs down and just have a flat surface for writing, etc, which I can do from a side laying position.  Anyways, enough exciting talk about which side I will lay on.  One more day until the weekend!...and then....Nothing changes!  Woo!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment