Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Weekend is Here!

I'm feeling MUCH better than I was a couple posts ago.  Starting to feel more like my old self as my energy slowly comes back.  I'm still a much heavier and slow moving version of my old self, but it's still better than the sloth I felt like while on bed rest and the 95-year-old I felt like the first few days of coming off bed rest.  It is SO nice to have a life again and be able to resume some of my normal activities.  Yesterday I even took Chloë to a nearby park on my own.  We did meet up with some friends so I did have back-up if needed, but it was my first outing with just me and Chlo in months!  I definitely am trying to make the most of those types of moments while I can.

Chloë & Sammy at the park


Myke's father, aka "Pop", left this early this morning to catch his flight back to PA after a week and a 1/2 visit.  He was a huge help to us and he and Chloë did a bunch of fun things together during the week: Sea World, Chloë's first bus ride (took the city bus to La Jolla Cove), ate numerous cheese quesadillas (Chloë's favorite), got ice cream, went on a bike ride, made a fort out of the new microwave box, etc.  He also helped us finish off our list of house jobs that needed to be done so that is a great weight off of our shoulders.  Thanks, Pop!  

Fort!  


With no parents here helping us out, we realized it was the first time it has just been myself, Myke, and Chloë (and Kyla) in the house since the first week of February!  My mom is coming back tomorrow night or Monday morning.  What are the chances I go into labor tonight--being that it's the ONE night that we don't have someone to watch Chloë if we need to rush the hospital?!  I doubt that will actually happen, but I'll have to have a friend or neighbor on call just in case I guess.  That said, I am having absolutely NO signs of impending labor (unfortunately!).  I was reading about twins last night and 50% are born before the end of week 36.  So I have a 50/50 chance of delivering in the next week.  I wonder if my chances are higher due to the shortened cervix thing?  Or maybe they are skewed in the other direction due to the fact that I carried Chloë to full term.  Either way, my fingers are crossed for sometime in the next week.  

The weather is amazingly beautiful today so we have spent the day outside so far.  First, I got up with Chloë and let Myke sleep in (after he was up at 5am to drive Pop to the airport), and we walked to get a muffin, latte and banana at a little coffee hut by our house.  After that, we packed up and headed to Ocean Beach dog beach to enjoy the sand and water.  The water is still really cold but that didn't stop Chloë from insisting on going in!  


Just the three of us!



Saturday morning breakfast- mommy/daughter date



On Myke's Lambretta


Kyla enjoying the sunshine



Dog Beach



snack at the beach






No comments:

Post a Comment