Sunday, April 17, 2011

Bye Gramma, Hello "Mom-Mom"!

After over 8 weeks of living with us and taking care of Chloë, the house, dishes, cleaning, cooking, errands, AND keeping up with accordion lessons and practice, my mom has officially left the nest.  She has headed to Las Vegas to visit her sister for awhile to get a much-deserved rest.  Actually, I'm not sure if they will rest or if they will be on the move the entire time.  From what I hear there will be a lot of time spent in the pool, a lot of eating out, and a bunch of Las Vegas shows to be seen.  I'm glad my mom will get to do those things since she didn't really have a social life outside of Myke, Chloë and myself.  I'm sure evenings spents watching movies and playing cards with a couch-ridden daughter is thrilling and all, but anything can get a little old after 8 weeks.  Believe me, I know.

So Myke's mom arrived last night and she is here for awhile.  Along with that change, is the change that I'm now 34 weeks (yah!) and the doctor said I could become increasingly mobile at this point.  This week I can even take a walk around the block!  Woohoo!  I think I may do that today, even.  Exciting stuff!  I think my body is slowly getting used to moving again.  I was exhausted after my outings on Friday (last post) but yesterday I felt great almost all day.  My mom and I even checked out some yard sales in the morning, got bagels & coffee, and sat in the yard enjoying the beautiful weather with Myke & Chloë.  The yard-sale-ing was less strenuous than it might sound.  Mom drove, I navigated, and she got out of the car at most of them and I only got out if she thought there was anything worth seeing.



Mom-Mom & Pop (March 2009) with Chloë
Pop arrives this Wednesday!



Awhile back my doctor told me that when he sees patients carrying twins who have shortened cervices, about 90% deliver pre-term and 10% go full-term and are "skipping around Target trying to coax the babies out".  I'm starting to think I might be in the 10%....though I REALLY don't think I can do this for another month or more!!  My "official" due date is May 29th (Myke and my anniversary) but full-term for twins is 37 weeks--which is May 8th.  Of course no one knows when they will come, but I'd really be happy if it was in the next couple of weeks!



Chloë with her new Belle doll from Aunt Heather
(the red chairs & table are a yard sale find--$2!)

No comments:

Post a Comment