Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Over Ten Pounds of Baby!




Just back from the fetal growth scan.  Here are the deets:

Baby A (the lower one) is in the breech position, meaning his head is up.  Unless he changes position, this means C-section.  No way around that.  He was difficult to measure because his feet and legs were curled up so tight and he was sooo far down in my pelvis the ultrasound tech had a hard time getting the measurement of his femur bone.  The femur bone measurement is one of the factors in the equation that determines the baby's weight estimate, so without an adequate measurement it can throw the estimate off.  After various tries, having me lay in different positions, etc, she decided she had gotten as best of a measurement as she could and we would just go with that.  So his overall weight estimate is 5lbs, but she warned us that it could be/probably is off by a bit due to the femur measurement possibly being a bit off.

Baby B is transverse and is measuring in at 5lb 11oz.  So over 10lbs of baby in there.

Fluid looks great, etc...there is NO sign of them leaving the womb at any time in the near future.  The ultrasound tech has a set of twins herself (they are 25 years old now) and she said she had them at 39 weeks.  I will go NUTS if I have to be pregnant for another 4 or 5 weeks.  I put in a lot of effort to keep them in for so many weeks....and now I'm more than ready for them to come out!  Next week I start jumping jacks!

1 comment:

  1. I feel your discomfort. My youngest son was 10.0 when he was born 37 years ago...natural birth... no C-section - nothing like being one with nature (LOL)

    ReplyDelete