Sunday, April 3, 2011

32 Weeks!

It's never a good sign when you don't even fit comfortably into your elastic-waist pajama pants anymore.  Anything with a waist line of any type is no longer comfortable.  I'm down to only a few pairs of pants that are comfortable and they are all black, cotton, yoga-type maternity pants with the big piece of fabric at the waist that can be either folded down or pulled up over the belly.  Now I'm at the point that they are all I want to sleep in, too, so I have to do a lot of laundry  (actually, have my mom do a lot of laundry) to keep it so I have clean pants to wear.  Another new low is that I have found myself digging in Myke's t-shirt drawer for tops to wear.  Believe me, I'm stylin' it up on bed rest.  I just don't like anything clingy on any part of my body or I feel like a sausage stuffed into its casing.  Maybe I need to invest in a few muu-muu dresses.  Cute pregnant is out the door at this point and attempting comfort is the name of the game.  I guess that's always been the name of the game, but now it's just a much more challenging game.

The past week has been a busy one.  We've pretty much had someone come by for a visit every day which is always nice--helps pass the time on bed rest and definitely helps to keep me from feeling isolated within the walls of our house.  Now that I'm allowed to sit at the table for meals we had our neighbors over for dinner one night.  They have a little 7 month old daughter, Matea, who Chloë just loves.  She is really into babies recently and wants to hold them.  Matea wasn't as into it as Chloë was, unfortunately.  Chloë is also really into passing gas lately (TMI?) --she thinks it's hilarious.  She announced loudly during the dinner: "I tooted from my bottom!"  She was very proud of herself.  Gotta love toddlers.

The weather has been beautiful and Spring-like the past week.  I've tried to go outside and sit on the patio at least once per day to enjoy the fresh air.  I need to do that for my own personal sanity.  Today I even had a BIG treat:  I went on a car ride!!   I just NEEDED to get out so I convinced Myke & my mom to take me on a short ride up to La Jolla, a pretty little town on the coast (just 5-10 minutes from our house) so Chloë could see the seals that live on the beach there.  It was my first car ride in two months that was not destined for the doctor's office or hospital and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it, even if I was reclined in the seat and didn't actually get to see the seals myself.  It was fabulous, I kept the window down, got to see the ocean, and just enjoyed every last second of the trip.  Amazing how much the little things mean when you don't get to see them or have them on a regular basis.


A few photos from the past few days:

Gramma & Chloë baked & decorated another cake for the dinner party.


Thank goodness SOMEONE is watering my plants!  
They are near death!
(Chloë did her own hair style here)


Lunch break nap on the porch.


Baby hummingbirds in a nest by our house 
(hard to see but there are 2 little heads popping out of the nest)


Play-Doh time!


Heather came by for a little bit- she was in town for a mutual friend's birthday celebration Saturday night.  


Checking the iPhones


The best part of my Sunday- Chloë brought me flowers!  


No comments:

Post a Comment