Monday, April 11, 2011

Baby Sprinkle Weekend



I'm not sure if I haven't posted on this blog in awhile because I've been too tired or because I've been too busy, but I think it's most likely a mixture of both.  I didn't realize it was possible to feel so "busy" while on bed rest.  Well, to be perfectly honest, I haven't been as well-behaved on bed rest the past week or so.  I guess I feel a little more relaxed about it having made it to the 32 week mark and also, mentally, I just have HAD to get up and move around a bit more.  Nine weeks of spending 95% of your time in a horizontal position can really drive a person nuts.  I've been spending more of my days downstairs on the couch than up in the bed now and I've found when I'm downstairs I'm not as sedentary as I would be when I'm upstairs.  Since I can see the kitchen from the couch I'll often just get up and get my own drink or whatever, instead of bother Myke or my mom with yet another request.  Or, on my way to the bathroom, I'll get distracted by a pile of mail the counter and sort through it, or I'll subconsciously straighten up a mess that I see.  Little things like that.  


Yesterday a few of my girlfriends held a baby "sprinkle" (I guess that's the PC term for a baby shower for a 2nd pregnancy...) for me.  I had an absolute blast!  It was so great to have a fun, non-doctor-related reason to get out of my sweatpants and to brush my hair (twice in a week!)!  Having visitors really helps pass the time--it was a fabulous afternoon of good friends, food, conversation, and more.  I had so much fun I forgot I was on bed rest -I was up way more than I should have been and I'm feeling it today.  I'm exhausted!  Thank you to everyone who came and made me feel so loved and special!  I feel so blessed to know such a wonderful group of people here in southern California :)   



Some of my "mommy-friends"


The youngest guests


Checking out Baby B

Teresa- due June 10 (with 1), me- due May 29 (with 2)

The last photo is of Teresa- it's actually one of those "it's-a-small-world" stories of how we know each other.  We "met" at a mutual friends birthday gathering last summer, started chatting since Chloë was playing with her daughter, Gianna.  We realized that our girls were both the same age, then realized they were born only a day apart, then realized they were born at the same hospital, which led us to realize we were there at the exact same time, which turned into me finding out she was admitted to the hospital in labor on Friday evening 2/27/09 and I came in on Saturday afternoon 2/28/09....she was on her 2nd day of labor and I came in and gave birth within 30 minutes of arriving....and her daughter wasn't born until the NEXT day, Sunday 3/1/09 (finally arrived via C-section after a VERY long labor process).  We then even realized that we were in rooms directly next to each other in the L&D ward.  How do I know this?  She heard my non-medicated screams of pain as I arrived at the hospital at 10cm and wasn't allowed to have any type of pain killer because Chloë was ready to be born.  Embarrassing!  However, makes for an interesting story.   Now she is due with her second child, a boy, only a week and 1/2 after me.  Oh, and we also realized that she and her fiance were in the same Childbirth Prep six-session class that Myke and I took before having Chloë!  We sat directly across from them at the table.  Small world.  



Myke took Chloë to the beach yesterday.  He couldn't get out of the house fast enough, knowing that it was about to be invaded by 20 women.  

Breakfast before the beach



Chloë &  Jax at the beach yesterday

No comments:

Post a Comment