Tuesday, April 5, 2011

"Kitties" & Date Night

A few people have asked how Chloë's ultrasound appointment went.  As for the procedure itself, according to Myke she did amazing!  She didn't fuss a bit, laid right down on the table and let the ultrasound tech do her thing.  Myke said he just talked calmly to Chloë to keep her distracted, but that's about it.  She was a trooper!

As for the results, I'm still waiting to hear back from the nephrologist's office.  They've always been a pain in the rear with getting in touch with.  Just making the appointment for the ultrasound almost took two months!  The administrative assistant who is supposed to take messages, find out what Dr. Benedor (the nephrologist) wants done, etc, is completely incompetent.  I left a message this morning asking for them to return my call and I'm sure I'll have to continuously call for at least a week before I hear any news.  This is my guess based on my past experiences with them.  I should just find a different nephrologist, but with an HMO I would need to get a referral, then find one in our medical group, etc...and I think Dr. Benedor is known as one of the best at UCSD and Rady's Childrens' Hospital...so I just deal with it.  Besides, she has followed Chloë's kidneys since birth and switching doctor's would probably be even more of a pain than sticking it out for the time being.  Either way, like I said, we don't expect them to have found anything besides normal, healthy-looking kidneys...but I'll let you know when I know more.

Tonight is date night!!  Myke and I really haven't decided where we are going to go, but we're leaning towards this new (to us) Thai restaurant where we have a gift card (thanks to Myke's parents--Christmas gift!).  A new obstacle for us going out is Myke's gluten free diet that he must adhere to.  I've been on bed rest basically the entire time he's been eating gluten free, so we haven't really explored what the eating-out options are at this point.  Usually, Thai food is a pretty safe bet as they rarely use a lot of wheat or barley in their foods.  Plus, Thai food is a favorite of both of ours.  Yum :)

My other obstacle is what to wear!  I mentioned in a previous post that all I wear are my maternity yoga-pants (which is a fancy name for maternity sweatpants...if there is one thing less sexy than sweatpants themselves, it's probably maternity sweatpants!).  Myke nonchalantly asked me this morning, "Do you still fit into any of your maternity jeans?".  I think he was pretty terrified that I may try to go out in the yoga pants and a large t-shirt.  I wasn't sure the answer myself, since it has been awhile since I put them on, so I tried them on to make sure they'll work for me.  We're good.

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment