Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Outings!


Cafe 976


My first outing to celebrate my no-longer-confined-to-the-bed status was dinner with my mom last night at Cafe 976!  It's a cute little cafe built in an old cottage near the beach.  They have a beautiful outside courtyard where you can sit under a big magnolia tree and eat surrounded by various plants and flowers.  It's dog-friendly on the patio, so Kyla joined us as well.  The cafe is actually only five blocks from my house so it's not like we ventured out too far, but it was an outing none-the-less (and, yes, we drove there).  It was really nice to get out of the house...and I think I speak for my mom as well when saying that!  She has been here in San Diego helping us out for 7 or 8 weeks at this point and I'm sure she misses her social life and friends back in Virginia.  She does get out, but when she does it's with a toddler in tow, so this was a treat for us both!  

Today:
After quite a few months of skipping our "Outdoor Classroom" class that Chloë and I signed up for months back, we were able to attend this week!  It's a free "class" offered by the city of San Diego that meets at a different park each week.  The teacher is a child-development expert who leads the kids in parachute time, songs, bubble play, etc., after which she leads a talk and discussion on a topic related to child development appropriate to this age group while the toddlers play on the playground.  It's a pretty fun class and Chloë has quite a few little buddies who also attend.  This week was the "Spring Egg Hunt" and it was at a park near our house so I decided to attempt the outing (with my mom, of course!). 
We all had a fun time but were all pretty tired by the end of it!  




Usually there is no time for sitting in chairs at these events...
(couldn't have done it without you, mom!)


Eggs!


Sammy & Chloë checking out their treats



Enjoying time with friends on the bay





No comments:

Post a Comment