Tuesday, May 3, 2011

13 Days To Go!

Hello from a hot and very dry San Diego!  We've had some really warm weather and very dry winds the past couple days.  Surprisingly, it hasn't bothered me too much (humidity is what I can't deal with) but Myke has been dealing with a nasty headache and dried out sinuses.  He even had to go buy a humidifier at CVS last night and sit with his face planted over the steam to get a little relief.


The weather has been perfect for Chloë to get wet.  We don't have a pool, unfortunately, but we did fill up a raft with water and she played in it with some friends yesterday.  She has a water table as well that we filled up and put in the yard.

Buddies


girls-only play date!


As for the babies, nothing really new to update.  I had my weekly doctor appointment today.  The babies continue to look good and seem happy to stay where they are (boo!) for now.  I know I should be happy about this, but after bed rest, praying, and doing all I could to keep them in for so long, I thought they would basically fall out when I got off bed rest.  No such luck!  

So Monday May 16th is the scheduled date for a C-section.  7am check-in.  9am surgery.  I have two friends who have children who have May 16th birthdays so I guess it's a good day for a baby (or two!).  Baby A is still feet down which is why I'm going to HAVE to go the C-section route.  It is unlikely that he will flip at this point, but nothing is impossible.  In fact, Baby B is now head down after being sideways last week.  He's the one that lives up higher in my belly.  Unfortunately, it's all about Baby A's position as to how they will be delivered.  Baby A MUST be head down to even have the possibility of avoiding a C-section.  Honestly, I'm not too worried about a C-section.  I'm not one to get all disappointed and cranky if I can't have the "birth experience of my dreams".  You go with the flow and do what you have to do.  I've had surgery before so maybe that's why I'm not as nervous.  (That said, I'm sure I'll be really nervous the day of the big event!).  







No comments:

Post a Comment