Monday, April 25, 2011

The Week of the Manny


Chloë & Pop (aka "The Manny" / aka Thom)


We were sad to say goodbye to Myke's mom today but she had to head back to PA to tend to her class of 2nd graders.  I'm sure they miss her!  We all thought that the babies would be here FOR SURE before she flew back home, but that just wasn't the plan I guess.  Myke's dad, aka "Pop" is staying with us for the rest of the week to help us out.  When we originally planned this we had no idea if I would still be on bed rest, if the babies would be born, etc, at this point, but we figured either way we would definitely appreciate the extra set of hands.  Although I'm off bed rest it is still really nice to have him staying here. It would be very difficult to manage everything on my own due to my size and how tired I get.  The most difficult part would be wrangling Chloë, as I can't pick her up and she is still at the "learning to listen" stage, which comes complete with tantrums and all of that fun stuff.  This way we are able to get more house jobs done as well.  While Myke's parents have been here we have put up a privacy fence in the front, re-decorated the downstairs half-bath, bought a glider chair for the boys' room, organized their clothes, and more.  On top of those jobs, other things seems to be suddenly falling apart-- the microwave suddenly isn't working to it's full potential, the dishwasher started making a weird noise last night, the outdoor lights needed re-wiring, etc.  It seems when it rains, it pours, and it's nice to have Thom here to help us out with all those jobs since Myke is working full time.

This morning was very exciting for me--I went on my first errand ALL BY MYSELF!!  WOO!!  I drove to the bank to do a deposit AND I stopped at the grocery store to pick up a few items.  It was my first outing to the grocery store since January!   Don't worry, I had help out to the car with the bags and then help unloading when I returned to the house.  It was just nice to get out of the house and be on my own--I felt like a teenager taking out the car for the first time.  (On a side note, the band and the grocery store are both less than a mile from my house....so it's not like I ventured too far).  

I have a DR appointment tomorrow so I'll update then if there is any exciting news.  



No comments:

Post a Comment