Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Please Don't Touch!

It's amazing how many people see infant carriers on a stroller and feel the immediate need to touch the baby (or babies) riding in them!  I remember people at Target hovering over Chloë when she was newborn but with twins it's an entirely different ball game.  Myke and I went to a class at the hospital last week and he dropped me off at the door with the babies (in the above stroller--minus the cover-up "tents"---but I did have baby blankets draped over) and before I walked 5 feet I was accosted by the valet man--he ran up and started going on about how cute the babies were and pulled back a blanket started tickling Eli's feet!  Then before he was finished a woman came up on my other side and started asking questions.  I'm fine with questions and I realize people are just admiring the babies, but I was already running late to the class so I answered her questions (their names, their ages, etc) as I kept walking towards the door...well, she didn't like that one bit.  She started walking fast along side the stroller to get a peak and then told me to "stop" because she "needed to see the other one", meaning the baby in the front seat whom she hadn't gotten a close-up view of yet.  Those were her exact words.  It was just kind of shocking...she was basically running along side the stroller and pulling the blanket off the front car seat so she could see Owen!  I was starting to get scared!   Anyways, we now are the proud owners of these JJ Cole car seat "tents" that cover the babies in their seats.  They are breathable, have velcro tab closures, won't blow off in the breeze like a draped baby blanket would, and are even quite cute looking!  A curious person would literally have to start un-velcroing the tabs to look at or touch the baby--and hopefully one's impulse control would kick in if they had to start going to such measures just to see a baby...   I'll let you know!   

Some photos: 

An evening at the Hines' household- Chloë already in bed




Owen, Eli, Myke



Chloë doing some skin-to-skin sibling bonding with Eli




Me with my boys: 15 days old





No comments:

Post a Comment