Friday, May 27, 2011

10 Days Old

Chloë on 5/15/11- last day of being an only child


Holding her brothers


5/27/11 - first ride out in this stroller.  Destination: Chipotle


No time for shower or putting on any make up--but happy as a clam 



I never really have time for posting much these days (go figure).  The boys are 10 days old now...and have been home nearly a week already!  The time goes by fast and I live my life from one feeding to the next at this point.  I can honestly say that I'm loving it so far though.  Of course it helps that my parents are here helping us-- I know someone is here to play ball or dollhouse with Chloë when I can't (which is often right now and I feel guilty about it), they do the laundry, walk Kyla, do grocery store runs, make meals, etc.  I would be a frazzled stress-case without them here.  Instead, I'm able to really focus on feeding and caring for the babies in these early days and weeks.  They are eating every three or so hours like I think mentioned before and the whole process takes 1.5-2 hours depending.  So that usually leaves us 1-1.5 hours to sleep or do what we need to do before the routine re-starts.  Sometimes they wake up on their own and tell us when it's time to start the feeding again, but often they keep sleeping--and more and more we are just letting them.  We have a DR appt Friday morning to get them weighed so we'll see how they're doing in that regard.  If they haven't gained enough weight we'll have to be more strict on the every-three-hour feeding.

So that's life right now--and it's fabulous :)

No comments:

Post a Comment