Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thursday

Looks like I will be going back home today!  Yay!

It's not even 7am and I've already had 3 people come in to flush my IV port, check my vital signs and then do the ultrasound to measure the cervical length.  I had my fingers crossed for a "stable" looking cervix.  The resident doctor who did the ultrasound watched as my cervix length changed in front of her eyes.  It's just THAT dynamic.  It started at over 2cm!..then within five seconds she watched as Baby A's head (he is now back to head down after being breach two days ago at my last ultrasound) moved away from the cervix.  As his head moved (or disengaged the cervix) it suddenly funneled and and shortened down to 1.3cm (still WAY better than 5mm!).  Basically, when he puts his head down there it tightens up and closes to hold him in, and then when he moves away it relaxes.  She said that it was one of the coolest things she's seen in a long time.  She said it looks VERY reassuring that it's doing it's job and that it's a good sign that this pregnancy will last longer.  So that was great to hear.  Anyways, she said seeing this "coolest thing she's seen in a long time" just made her day today.  I guess that's a good thing?  The next step is for the report and ultrasound photos to get seen by Dr. Ramos, the perinatologist on duty today.  She has the final say in what happens next, but I should definitely be going home today to continue bed rest at home!  :)  

Happy Saint Patty's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment