Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Busy Bees

It has been a really busy past couple weeks around here with Myke's birthday, my parents in town, Chloë's birthday party this past Saturday, then one of her little friend's birthday party on Sunday, and then her actual 2nd birthday on Monday.  Pheww....we are birthday'd out!


On her actual birthday (Monday), Chloë went to breakfast with my parents at "The Broken Yolk" where she got to eat Mickey Mouse shaped pancakes with a birthday candle in it!  The staff even sang "Happy Birthday" to her.  Myke had to work and I had to lay in bed, so obviously we missed the event, but here are some photos from my mom's camera: 




Grandma fell asleep!

Yum!  Fresh Fruit!


The next day (3/1) Chloë started school!  I still can't believe my little Chlo-bear is in preschool!  She has visited the classroom a few times but yesterday was the first day that we actually dropped her off and left her to fend for herself.  I had a doctor appointment that morning and I had scheduled it at a time that worked perfectly for me to ride in the car to drop her off at school for her first day (even though the school is a short 2 blocks away, we drove so I could be part of it).  So she was at school from 9am-12pm and apparently she had a great first day.  She was excited to be wearing her "Chloë" backpack the she got for Christmas and seemed ready to go. She wasn't clinging or fussing at all.  That always makes it easier on the parents!   Here's the big girl right before heading out the door to school!  Her new "cheese" face sure is pretty, isn't it?! :)




Walking in with daddy



Other than that, other news is that my dad left us to head back to Virginia yesterday.  It was nice having both my parents out here to help.  They have done so much for us.  
Putting together a dresser for the boys' room



Also, my doctor appointment went great yesterday.  The babies both have good fluid measurements (amniotic fluid) and the cervix measured at 1.8cm.  That means it has basically stayed stable (though still short) for the past 2 weeks!  I'm very happy about that, of course.  Dr. Schrimmer was pleased as well and said it means what I have been doing must be working (though he always reminds me that there is no solid scientific proof that bed rest does anything at all...but it seems to be helping and in his own personal experience with multiples he feels that is bed rest can really help prolong pregnancies).  I got excited and asked if I could start eating meals at the table with the rest of the fam.  He said maybe in two weeks if I'm still "stable".  So that is my next "big" goal--getting to get up and eat meals at the table.  It's all about the little things!  I'm 27 weeks and 3 days right now.  At 28 weeks the survival rate of preemies is above 95% so it's a huge milestone in the gestational world.  Only a few more days!  So that's another "goal" for me.  Other than that, nothing to report from me.  I'm feeling fine-- no signs of labor or anything.  Maybe I'll just hold at 1.8cm and carry the twins to full term!  Only time will tell.

On another medical-related note, Myke has been on a gluten-free diet for over a month now since we found out he has celiac's disease.  I think I mentioned before that he never had any of the symptoms that people usually associate with gluten intolerance (like digestive issues, bloating, nausea, etc).  So we were really surprised when we found out that gluten was the reason for the high enzyme levels in a routine life-insurance-related blood test he had done over a year ago (yes, it took a long time for doctors to finally pinpoint what was causing his liver numbers to be off the charts).  Well, the good news is that he had his liver function numbers retested last week to see if a month of gluten-free-living had helped and sure enough his numbers were MUCH better!  They check the AST/ALT numbers and one of them was back within the normal range and the other was just a point or two above normal!  So we were THRILLED to hear that.  It means his liver is repairing itself and not working overboard to function anymore.  It's just nice to know that we have found the culprit and are able to fix the issue.  

Wahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment