Thursday, March 10, 2011

Feeling Soooo Relaxed....Ahhhh :)

Big excitement from the land of bed rest today (well, it's exciting for me anyways)-  I just had a fabulous prenatal massage!  It was so incredibly relaxing that I can barely muster up the willpower to type this right now.  My body feels like jelly collapsed here on my bed....ahhhhh!  It was 75 minutes of heaven!  The massage therapist came over and set up her table, pillows, and music right here at my home.  I didn't realize how tightened up my body had gotten after 5 weeks of minimal movement--the massage and stretching of my arms and legs that she did really did wonders to loosen everything up.   Thank you to the awesome group of ladies who went in on this to surprise me with such a generous gift!  I feel so undeserving for all that people have been doing for me lately.  I feel so incredibly blessed to have such wonderful friends.  I can't say that enough.

Our friend Heather was back in San Diego to visit for a couple days and to give my mom a day off from "Chloë-wrangling".  The weather was amazing yesterday so she took Chloë on a bike ride down to Belmont Park, which is a little oceanfront amusement park a couple miles from our house.  Chloë got to ride a couple rides and play some arcade games.  She won a few tickets which she traded in for a grape lollipop (lollipops are her favorite thing right now and she usually only gets one after using the "big-girl potty" so it was as special treat for her).  After that they rode their bike to a local burrito shop called Taco Surf for a yummy Mexican lunch.  Needless to say, Chloë was pooped after that--she napped for 3 hours!  I think Heather was tired, too!



Riding the boats!

lollipop!  




The weather was beautiful yesterday so Chloë took her easel out on the front patio and did some artwork after nap.


one of the masterpieces! 



Lastly, here is a picture of the belly that was taken yesterday.  This t-shirt was given to me back in the fall from some friends.  At the time it looked SO HUGE that I never thought I'd fit in it.  I figured it would be more of a sleeping shirt.  Well, I was wrong.  Five months and 30lbs later it is one of the only shirts I have that I fit into.  Depressing.  Most of my shirts are just too short now and end up being mid drift shirts.  No one wants to see that!  Good thing I'm on bed rest and don't need too many cute outfits.  I'm just looking for comfort at this point!  I'm definitely almost as big as I was at 9 months with Chloë.  I know there are 2 babies this time...but still!  I don't know how much bigger I can handle!  



No comments:

Post a Comment