Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sunday

Not too exciting to report.  We've had a nice weekend.  Chloë had a little friend's birthday party on Saturday morning--which I made Myke and my mom take her to.  Myke loves nothing more than attending childrens' birthday parties, let me tell ya.  ;)   Myke actually attempted to make a pact with me before Chloë was born.  He said he would change every poopy diaper if he didn't ever have to attend a kid birthday party.  I quickly accepted.  The deal has fallen through.  I've definitely changed poopy diapers so he definitely will be going to some birthday parties :)

Today our friends Stephanie & Nate came and picked Chloë up and took her with them on an outing to the petting zoo and a couple of nearby rides with their daughter, Sammy.  This gave my mom and Myke a nice break.  A break to do other things than toddler-wrangle, anyways.  Mom checked out a few neighborhood yard sales and Myke hit up Home Depot to get some items for his to-do list projects.

We have a "Before-Twins-To-Do-List" that we started awhile back and have been slowly plugging away at over the past couple months.  Luckily, we tackled some of the big organizational projects before I got put on bed rest so I was able to help out with the work.  For example, we cleaned out and organized our rooftop storage area, we went through the tubs of Chloë's baby clothes in search for unisex items that we can use for the boys, cleaned our closet, and just did a bunch of overall cleaning out of the house to make room for the two new members of the family.  Our house just isn't big enough!  Either that or we have just accumulated WAY too much unnecessary stuff over the years.  I think the latter is the more likely culprit.  Maybe a mix of both.

Today he bought a ceiling fan to install in the boys' room/guest room, a new door handle and lock for our storage area (we had to break the old one off after Chloë locked it from the inside and we couldn't find a key--luckily, she wasn't inside it when she shut it!), and grass seed for our little yard.  We have ripped out some large bushes on the side of the yard to make it a bit more spacious.  It's a small townhouse-size yard so every foot of extra space will help.

I told you there wasn't much exciting news to report.  A pretty low-key weekend.  I'm 29 weeks along today.  My doctor appointment is Tuesday morning and I'm really looking forward to it.  I want to see how everything is looking AND I can't wait to get out of the house.  I haven't left the house/yard since my last doctor appointment on March 1st.  That sounds more insane than it feels.  I've definitely been in the acceptance phase of bed rest (I'm convinced that bed rest people go through stages somewhat similar to grief or alcoholism recovery).  That said, I've started to get more frustrated and sick of it the past few days.  I just want to go walk around the block and breathe the fresh air.  I know it's for the best, though, and I know there is a light at the end of this tunnel.  So I just keep going and try to think about the reality that in a few months when I'm changing a million diapers a day and functioning on one hour of sleep per night I will probably be ready to give my left leg if it means that I could just have ONE day of bed rest again :)

Gramma & Chloë reading on the porch

Testing out the Joovy Big Caboose again...with Mickey Mouse in one of the seats

Chloë & Sammy - big hugs!


weeeeee!


carousel ride

1 comment:

  1. That stroller... is epic. Congrats on making it to 29 weeks!! Only a few more to go, and you get to meet your little BOYS!

    ReplyDelete