Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Looking Good

It was THIS big!! 

Just had my second (and final) steroid shot to speed along the babies lung maturation just in case they deliver in the next few weeks.  The needle is quite large and they give you in the shot in your hip/glut area.  Fun times!  I requested an ice pack for 10 minutes prior to numb the area and it helps tremendously.  I hardly even know if they have done it or not.  I don't know why the ice pack isn't the norm for everyone.  I can't imagine the shot without it.  Yikes!

So all is going really well here and I'm thinking I will be able to go home tomorrow.  It's kind of surprising to be going home when my cervical length is so incredibly short...but I guess after the shots there is not much else they can do for me here at the hospital.  I haven't been having contractions anymore so I'm off the medication for that. They were never painful anyways so they were more of a "false labor" thing than anything significant.  No more IV fluids needed either.  It has been a cake walk here.  I get monitored twice per day and that's about it.  

The last bit will be one more ultrasound in the morning to see if the cervix has shortened any further.  If not, I suppose I will be going home to continue bed rest there.  If it has...then it looks like I will be here until 32 weeks or so.  I'm not sure why 32 weeks and not until the end...but that's what the nurse read in my chart (as put there by the perinatologist).  I guess bed rest is bed rest ....home or hospital.  Of course I'm probably a little bit better behaved at the hospital...but mentally it's nicer at home.  Plus, you get much more rest at home--here I have people coming in and out at all hours.  I think I slept a total of 4 hours last night, and that was broken up into 3 separate chunks!  I need all the rest I can get...I'm about to have twins!  I may never sleep again!  

No comments:

Post a Comment