Sunday, June 29, 2014

End of Dia Dos

Day two complete.  In many ways it was worse than day one.  This potty-training thing is exhausting.  On top of that, the boys are exhausted from this new running-to-the-potty thing AND because they didn't nap yesterday.  How could they nap with the sides off their cribs??  And with their daddy laying on the floor next to them.  WAY too exciting for napping.  Today, however, they were TIRED. Myke was tired.  All three of them crashed at rest time.  The boys in their beds and Myke next to them on the floor.  He stays on the floor by them because part of this 3-day-thing is that you don't leave their sides.  You are always there to rush them to the potty if they start having an accident.  The boys woke up dry from naps.  We were excited about that.

Anyways, it was a long day.  How was potty-training Chloë SOOOOO easy and this seemingly SOO hard?  Maybe I just don't remember how hard it was with her?  Parent-amnesia, perhaps?

Chloë had a birthday party this afternoon and I couldn't get out the door and FAST enough to take her to it!  I got to take her since Myke took her to her skateboarding lesson earlier in the day.  We NEED breaks from this full-time insanity.  I was cornering anyone who would listen at the party and telling them about the potty-training-hell that I was currently in...and how this party was a 2 hour respite from the loony bin I felt like my home was turning into.  I had a coffee in hand (half-caff...cuz it was 4pm, after all), red eyes that burned with exhaustion, and most likely a crazed look on my face...people were slowly backing away.

Okay, bed time.  Owen has already come out of his room tonight saying he has to to use the potty.  Then he insists on getting the M&M treat, after.   Even though it's 9pm.  I can't believe we are putting them in big-boy underwear AND taking the rails off their cages cribs...all at the same time.  Not sure I'm ready for this.  I like my sleep way too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment