Sunday, June 1, 2014

For reals?!  Summer 2014 is already maxed out and it's barely even started.  It's June 1st.  I feel like the next 2 1/2 months are just so jam-packed that I can't possibly fit anything else in.  Not if I want to keep my sanity.  I DO want some days where I feel like there is relaxing (haha...that must be a joke, right?!) and enjoying.  I want things to somehow SLOWWWW down before they SPEEED up (as I anticipate they will) starting August 18th.  The day my oldest child starts kindergarten.  I want to just hold on to her before she slips more away from me.  I can't even imagine this next stage of life.  I know it probably sounds like I'm making a mountain out of a molehill here, but I have really gotten used to our schedule and routine.  Three days a week we WALK around the block and take the kids to preschool by 8am (the boys go Mon & Fri and Chloe goes MWF).   We are usually pretty punctual about it (we are paying for it, after all.  x3!) and get them there as close to 8 as possible.  Now I have to start thinking about not only DRIVING Chloe to elementary school (no buses here!) but getting her there by 7:45am?!  EVERYday?!?!  Seriously??  AND the boys will need to get to their preschool three days a week by 8am (thinking I will have them go three days a week starting in September...but I may keep it at two..we will see).  Still around the block.  I'm not worried about that one, too much.  We just have our morning FLOW going on here.  I just am not sure about a NEW morning flow.  Will it work?  Will the kids still all get to eat breakfast together every morning?  I'm doubting it.  Even now we don't have much leisurely time on preschool mornings.  We are rushing around to get diapers changed, kids dressed, fed, teeth brushed, sunscreen on, etc.  Now we have to factor a 10 minute drive into this?  Oh man.

And then I have to drive AGAIN to pick her up at 2:20pm?

Anyways, just thinking about that a little.  It will be a change for us.  I'm just EXTREMELY lucky that Myke has been able to work from home so far and can help with the morning routines.  I don't know what I would do without him.  It would be utter chaos around here.  Truly.  He is the one who pulls the mornings together.  I'm a zombie for the first 10-20 minutes after waking up.  I need a shower and coffee to wake up.  I'm going to have to start figuring out how to pull myself together and get moving faster.  We'll see!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment