Thursday, June 5, 2014

California Adventure to Celebrate THREE!!




A quick post - Owen & Eli's birthday trip to Disney's California Adventure wasn't quite what we had planned when we asked my parents (MONTHS ago) to come out in May 2014 so Myke and I could take the boys on a solo trip to celebrate with them, but it was fun nonetheless.

When Chloë turned 3 we took her to Disney.  Just Myke, myself & Chloë.  The boys were 9 1/2 months old at the time so they would have definitely put a damper on the day, to say the least (ha..I'm mean...mean, but honest).  My mom (who has made a point to be here for every one of Chloë's birthdays since day one) was in town then so she watched the twins all day while we took Chloë on her birthday adventure.  Right then and there we decided to make it a sort of Hines Family tradition and do it with the boys as well when they turned 3.  Well, here we are.  They just turned 3.  We had been looking forward to having that time with just them for quite awhile now.  It was even more exciting because we NEVER get time with just them.  Never.  Of course we don't.  We have 4 kids.  I'm talking about time with just Owen & Eli and their parents.  No other siblings.  If we really got into it, we should have probably given each of them their own day trip to Disney with just the two of us, on separate occasions, but let's not get crazy here!!

So anyways, a couple days before our planned trip (i.e.: Myke had taken off work months in advance for this day...he VERY rarely takes time off...this was big) Myke stubs a toe on one of our outdoor chairs and BREAKS the toe.  He's broken a toe before, so not that bigga-deal.  However, the hobbling around for a couple of days apparently strained his back in some way and he ended up on his back with severe back pain for a couple days.  Long story short (did i make it short?), we had to all but cancel our trip to Disney.  I was pretty disappointed but definitely didn't want Myke to be hobbling around in pain all day.  Well, in the end, my Dad rallied and said he would come with us!

So, last week my Dad & I drove up with the boys and spent an incredible day at California Adventure with the boys.  I know it sound cliche, and I said this last time I blogged about our Disney trip (Disneyland in February 2014), but it was MAGICAL.  I truly feel that way.  It was just so much fun to see their (terrified...lol) faces when we went into CARS Land and saw Lightening McQueen, Mater & Red.  I was more excited than they were, I think!  Dad will confirm!   We had a wonderful day!  The boys were great.  We did rides (even ones that scared me!...Dad made us!), had ice cream, watched a show, saw the Pixar Parade, met Woody from Toy Story, etc.  It was a great time and so fun to spend it with my sweet boys and my wonderful Dad :)

They were nervous for each ride but ended up liking them (almost) all!

 Cars Land with Grandpa

Woody!


Grandpa & Owen

No comments:

Post a Comment