Saturday, June 28, 2014

Enough is Enough

Not sure why I bothered showering this morning.  I'll be covered in poo & pee soon enough.  Yes, it's potty-training boot camp this weekend at the Hines household.  You can be envious of my life right about now.  I give you permission.

As the title states: enough is enough!  Myke and I are so OVER having 3 kids in diapers.  It's so expensive.  It's so gross.  The boys just turned 3 last month and are still not showing much interest in using the potty.  In fact, they will straight out tell us, "I don't want to wear underwear.  I wear a diaper."  Uhhhh...ok...  Eli even said that he doesn't want to move to the 3-year-old classroom for preschool because he doesn't want to wear underwear and use the potty (which is a prerequisite for the 3-year-old room.  They don't mess with diapers there).  So the boys are still in the 2-3 year old room.  They are supposed to move by the end of the summer to start Fall semester in the new room.  We are determined to get them there.  I will not have them be 5 years old and in the 2 year old classroom because they won't use the toilet!!  In fact, I think MOST of the kids in their current class are potty trained.  So they do see the kids using the teeny little potties that they have in the class bathroom.  This past Thursday I took all 4 kids to a birthday party.  Besides Ella and the hostess's newborn baby, they boys were the only other ones in diapers....and there were plenty of 2 and 3 year olds there.  AND I changed 4 diapers between my three diaper-clad children within a 2 hour period.  Two stinky.  Two wet. (if you must know the breakdown).  I felt like I was constantly on diaper patrol.  Such is my life.  Like I said, enough is enough.

So today it starts.  We are putting on the big-boy undies and throwing out the diapers!  Well, not really throwing out...Ella will still use them....for now.  She shows more signs of being ready than the boys.  She loves to sit on the little potty and clap for herself.  She grabs her diaper as soon as she wets it and whines.  Then she'll go bring me a diaper so I can change her.  Maybe we should potty train her this weekend, too.   Anyways, so we'll just pretend to throw the diapers out.  That's how the 3-day-boot-camp starts.  Get rid of the diapers.  No turning back.

Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment