Wednesday, July 2, 2014

5 Days Later

I know people must be chomping at the bit for a potty-training update, right?  :)

Well, we finished the three days of the 3-day plan.  Myke ended up having to take off work a big chunk of Monday so we could stick to the plan.  Shadowing two boys every second they are awake is exhausting...especially when you have a 16 month old and 5 year old as well.  The girls have basically been ignored for the past 5 days.  I kid.  Kind of.  Luckily, we have two great friends, coincidently both named Stephanie, who took Chloë on two separate days to play with their kids at their house.  That definitely helped us to focus on the boys more.

So, where are we at the end of day 5, you ask?  Well, Owen and Eli have NOT worn diapers during the day since they woke up Saturday morning.  We HAVE decided to do "nighttime underwear" (as it's labeled...aka a pull-up) for night time until they have the day time 100% down.  Neither boy has had a pee accident since day 2.  Eli actually only had one pee accident at all, and that was on day 1.  Owen had a little accident on day 2 and not again since.  So that is definite success.  The have got peeing in the potty DOWN.  At least when we are here at home.  Going out is still a work in progress.  Yesterday, I had to take them to their 3 year old well-check-up.  So we went.  In underwear.  They did fine.  No accidents.  While at the doctor's office I attempted to have them use the restroom so we would have a greater chance of making it home dry.  They WOULD NOT sit on the toilet.  There was no stool so they were way too short to reach it from a standing position...and when I tried to hold Owen up to the potty he kicked and screamed like I was attempting to throw him IN the potty.  I had a little portable potty (that we've had in the car since Chloê was in her potty-training days).  They each sat on that...but no one went.  Okay, I'm realizing that I'm giving you WAY more info than you want to hear.  Sorry..I tend to ramble and, as you know, my life is consumed with potty-training right now.  Consumed.

Finally today things are getting a little more back to normal.  We actually let the boys sit on our couch and weren't in fear of it being soaked in urine.  We let them run off to play upstairs.  No problem.

Overall, this has definitely been a success.  We aren't QUITE there with "numero dos" but we are definitely doing great with "numero uno", if you catch my drift.

I really hope this is my final potty-training post.  I really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment