Sunday, February 3, 2013

Super Bowl Sunday

...and no signs of any baby coming any time soon!  

Myke and I may go out on a date night later tonight while we have the chance.  I've been wanting to go see a movie before the baby is born.  Myke isn't as interested in going to the movies but I'll drag him along with me.  Maybe we'll go out to dinner, too.

My mom headed to Las Vegas to visit family yesterday and will return to San Diego in 3 weeks.  Myke's mom flew in to be here for the baby's arrival.  She and his father (who has been in town staying with us since the end of December) have never been out here in San Diego when we've delivered any of the other kids, so this is their turn :)  Hopefully, the baby will arrive before they are scheduled to leave on Feb. 19th!  I will be very UNHAPPY if I'm still pregnant in over two weeks!

I went to my midwife yesterday for a check-up.  Baby is doing great.  Heart rate is perfect...and I'm 2-3 cm dilated and 75% effaced.  So things are moving in the right direction.  However, I do know that women have walked around dilated for a week or more like this before actually giving birth.  So who knows!  It's just a wait-and-see thing.  I feel great and have energy, so that's good.  I HAVE to with 3 other small children to tend to.  Then again, I felt great and had energy right up until a couple hours before Chloë was born (I was hiking in the wilderness when I went into labor with her!) so I'm not sure that how I am feeling as any indication one way or the other.

Either way, we have been so blessed to have my mom and Myke's father both in town helping us out for the entire month of January.  I wasn't sure how I would be feeling in my final month of pregnancy and it was just nice to have the extra sets of hands and the support system here.  I didn't have to find babysitters in order to go to my doctor appointments, I was able to do some one-on-one activities with the kids, I was able to run errands on my own, we have gotten our house pretty much entirely in order/unpacked/set up after being here on a month, we've gotten to sleep in (well, at least a little bit) on occasion (which still means 7am)....and just overall, it kept my stress level nice and low.  Usually, I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off during the day, trying to get everyone up, dressed, meals, cleaned up, diapers, laundry, taking the dog out, etc...not to mention just taking a breath.  So, I'm so thankful for them being here for that :)   Also, Myke's dad has done a bunch of handyman fix-it's around the house for us--and is now refurbishing the bathroom cabinets for us (which NEEDED it!).  So we're feeling very lucky to have our family out here :)


On another note, some of my amazing mom-friends came over on Saturday and set up the nursery for the baby.  All their own idea & plan.  I had no sort of decor or "theme" or anything ready for this baby.  We barely had a crib (it got set up Saturday morning).  These girls came in with their crafty talents and a bunch of handmade items and put the entire room together for me while I sat in the glider sipping Starbucks and eating gourmet cupcakes.  It was awesome :)   The room looks absolutely gorgeous!  We're just waiting on the curtains and it's pretty much ready to go!  Thank you, ladies!  I'm blessed to have you as friends!

Crib and changing table (with handmade songbird mobile/handmade blanket)


mirror decorations


Baby's crib (we've been calling her "Ella" for awhile now...)


Chloë checking out the room


They even framed some photos of the other kids to hang!


More hand made artwork and a clip holder 


handmade songbird onesie

No comments:

Post a Comment