Monday, June 13, 2011

We had quite an eventful day yesterday.  After a morning stroll in Pacific Beach (for coffees, of course) with Mom-mom and the entire crew, we had some visitors come by.  Our friend Heather came down from L.A. and a mutual friend of ours, Corinne, who is in town from Colorado for a wedding, stopped over with her little boy, Aiden, and hubby, Z.  It was fun to catch up with everyone and see how big Aiden has gotten since we saw him last.  He is so cute, walking all over the place now.  Chloë was interested in him at first but quickly realized that, at over a year younger than her, he wasn't quite up to her speed of play.  It was cute to watch them interact a little bit though.  Later, after naps, Myke & Maureen (aka Mom-Mom) took Chloë and the dog to the park to run around and fly a kite.  Here are some photos from yesterday and today:

Group shot
Aiden is almost as big as Chloë and he's 15 months younger!


Chloë riding her Dora scooter on the sidewalk



Elijah napping


Myke, Maureen & the boys



Flying her kite at the park


hold on tight!


On their iPhones.  



Monday (today):

Another busy day-- I've been feeling a bit guilty about the little amount of one-on-one time I get with Chloë due to the intense and crazy feeding schedule that I've been on with the twins (not to mention the 8 months prior where I spent a big chunk of time on some sort of bed rest or another).  I've tweaked the schedule a bit in hopes of freeing up a little more time and plan to use that time to do things with her as much as possible (house chores have to wait!).  So this morning I took her on a walk in the jogging stroller.  I still am 17lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight, and about 25lbs away from where I want to be, so I felt that it was time to incorporate some exercise into my day--and to get to be with Chloë one-on-one.  So we went down to the beach and back...AND....I even RAN a few of the blocks!  I haven't been able to run since last August or September!!!  My lungs definitely burned a bit, but it was worth it.  Slowly but surely I want to get back into running.  We'll see how that goes.  I was just excited that I did it and didn't barf all over the place or have a massive heart attack or something like that.  Success!  
(and don't worry, Chloë had fun, she got to ride along, eat snacks, and we even got out and walked on the sand by the water).  

We also went to the mall today! Shopping!!  Woo!
Everyone did great, boys slept the entire time, Chloë was an angel, and we made it out without any problems!  (though we did change 3 poopy diapers in the back of the car...and fed two hungry infants in the car as well)  Another success!!


This is how we all feel now!  Nap time! 
See ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment