Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sunday Breakfast


This morning Myke and I took Chloë to church and then out to breakfast (thank you, Maureen, for watching the boys!).  It was great to have a little time to just focus on our little girl and give her full mommy/daddy time for a bit.  I'm sure it's slightly difficult going from being an only child to suddenly having to share the attention with two little babies who seem to eat or need their diapers changed ALL THE TIME.  

We went to The Mission in North Park as I had done a little research (which is now the norm before going to eat) on places with gluten free breakfast options.  Not only gluten-free, but they needed to also be free of animal products (aka vegan) for Myke.  His diet is quite possibly the most challenging type out there.  Anyways, that said, I was surprised when I came up with quite a few options right off the bat via Yelp.com.  We ended up picking The Mission because it had fresh baked gluten free rosemary bread on the menu, it was closest, and it had a shorter wait for a table than some of the other places.  The food was great, Myke ate a huge plate called Papa Loco- a dish of black beans, rosemary breakfast potatoes, avocado, grilled jalapeno, the rosemary bread, etc.  I'm not even sure what else was on it because I was too busy enjoying my breakfast quesadilla with soy chorizo.  As for the gluten free bread, I was curious about it since we haven't found any worth buying yet--and it was delicious!  We even ordered a loaf to take home.

No comments:

Post a Comment