Tuesday, June 21, 2011

5 Weeks Old

5/22/11

Better late than never:  Happy Father's Day to my awesome husband and the best father this side of the Mississippi:  Myke!  :)   I love the above photo of him taken when the boys were just a week or so old.  They are so teeny there!  As for Myke, I truly couldn't ask for a better father for our kids.  He is so involved in their lives, is so fun and energetic with them, and can't wait to get off work to scoop them up in his arms and go on outings like a walk, to the park, etc. to give me a few moments to myself.  Happy Belated Father's Day to you, Myke!  

I have plenty more that I want to write about but I really need to go to bed.  It's after 10pm and I'm never up this late anymore unless I'm on first shift.  We work in shifts here at the Hines' household.  For night time anyways.  Thank you to Maureen, world's best mother-in-law ever, that we have three people to cover the shifts.  By shifts I mean feeding the babes, burping the babes, changing the babes, swaddling the babes and putting them back down to sleep over night.  The shift also includes washing out the bottles and setting them up for the next person.  It also includes pumping for me so there is milk for the next feeding.  Is that TMI?  Pumping is such a HUGE part of my daily life right now that I don't even know if it's disturbing or awkward for other people to think about.  Like I really care...but jus' sayin!  
My life revolves around breastfeeding one, pumping, bottle feeding the milk from the pumping to the other, changing diapers (a new landfill will have to be created for all the diapers they go through!  I do NOT recall Chloë needing her diaper changed so often...but maybe I'm just thrown off by the whole two baby vs one baby thing... And, yes, we did use cloth for Chloë but not until she was about 3 or 4 months when she started fitting in the Bum Genius brand that we bought).  Luckily, we have had help this entire time!  And don't forget there is a very energetic toddler in the picture:  
The fabulous Chlo-bear! 
(she picked out her hair clip)


We aren't allowing Mom-Mom to leave us!

So anyways, life is busy.  Busy but good!  I've decided that twins are easy....it's twins AND a toddler that's a big challenge.  And one baby?  I don't know what I ever thought was hard about that?!  That must have been a piece of cake!  

The boys during one of my night shifts.  I thought they were going to wake up for their every three hour feeding but they slept for a couple hours on these Boppy pillows and did a 5 hour stretch between feeds....the pillows say "Not For Sleeping" on them...
Oops!



Myke & Eli this evening

Maureen and Owen this evening (he looks so long!)



Enjoying the outdoors while relaxing under a palm tree...ahhhh




No comments:

Post a Comment