Saturday, January 22, 2011

Pregnancy Numero Dos...A Double Dose!

I'm 22 weeks pregnant with TWIN BOYS!   I'm at week 22 and only just now starting to think of the reality of the situation and be able to wrap my head around the idea.  It's VERY surreal/shocking/scary/exciting!  Ultrasounds have shown 2 pregnancies and 2 placentas so that means fraternal twins...so they could look nothing alike at all!  Only time will tell.

I had some complications (why can't I just have a normal, uncomplicated pregnancy?  Is there such a thing?!) at the beginning of the pregnancy which lead to some strict and then "modified" bed rest for many weeks.  I still am not allowed to exercise, lift things, even walk long distances, etc.  Due to the complications I have kept pretty mum on all things pregnancy this go-around.  IE: I STILL have not announced it on Facebook.  Some people say that nothing is official until it is posted on Facebook so I guess this pregnancy is not yet official by those standards!

                                      Baby A -he is on my left side and head down




                                        Baby B- he is on the right side and is breech 
                         (he is the one I feel moving around a lot more than the other)

I'm now well into my 2nd trimester, and though I'm not out the woods yet, I'm beginning to feel much more positive about this pregnancy and the expected outcome- which is, TWO (hopefully healthy) babies! The due date is May 29th- Myke & my 6th wedding anniversary.

With Chloë's pregnancy I took weekly belly shots.  This time I've probably only had 2 taken the entire time.  Here is a comparison of what I looked like at 19 weeks with both the single and the twin pregnancy.


I should take another one as I've gotten even bigger in the past three weeks since this shot was taken!  I'm still "small for twins" (as people like to say) but I carried really small for Chloë and hardly looked pregnant to the outside world until the very end. I just looked thick in the waist.  This time around I've already gotten the comments from strangers questioning when I'm due.

Overall, besides gaining weight faster with the twin I can't say that it has been much more intense than my singleton pregnancy.  I had barely any morning sickness/fatigue.  With Chloë I think I puked at least 1x per day the first trimester.  Not to mention I was exhausted beyond belief.  The only other difference so far is that symptoms that I had late in my pregnancy with Chloë are already rearing their ugly heads.  Has anyone ever had tail bone pain?!  It's the worst!  If I lay on my back or sit on a hard chair for even a short amount of time I have to endure often excruciating pain to get out of that position.  It's an odd place to feel pain and I guess it's because the babies are sitting low and the weight is right on the tail bone when I'm in those positions....who knows?  The other symptom is the heart burn which seems to have started up in full force this past week.  It's nothing too intense...nothing a few Tums won't take care of.  We'll see where it goes from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment