Monday, January 24, 2011

I Couldn't Resist...

We are not prepared for twin boys.  We have no boy clothes.  We do have A TON of adorable baby girl clothes, however!  Today I happened to be in Old Navy looking for some maternity jeans (no luck in finding ones I liked, fyi) when I glanced over and saw the cutest little baby boy Old Navy fleece hoody jackets. Old Navy is smart to put the teeny precious little newborn clothes in the same corner as the maternity clothes...pregnant, hormonal women just can't resist the adorableness!   I have been paranoid throughout this pregnancy so far and I'm a believer in jinxing oneself.  I had been pretty clear with Myke that I do not want to buy anything for the twins until I am at least 24 or 25 weeks along- a milestone in gestation where there is at least a small possible chance for viability outside of the womb.  If you go into early labor and deliver before that, there is really nothing the hospitals can do to save the babies.  With my increased chance for preterm labor (because of the subchorionic hemorrhage) I just didn't want to "go there" and buy anything.  Today I broke my own rule.  It started out innocently enough- I just walked over to LOOK at the little hoodies.   But they were so cute AND there happened to be only two left--AND both of those were in the same size (0-3 months)...AND they were on SALE....that I caved and put them in my bag (no I did not steal them!  Old Navy gives you a shopping bag to carry your stuff in instead of a cart).  As I started to walk away from the newborn boy section I noticed two little cute pairs of navy blue cargo pants that would be a perfect match to the hoodies!  Also in sizes 0-3 months. I can't have these boys going around pantless, can I?  Yup, threw those in my bag, too.   I also bought something for Chloë, don't worry.  It was kind of surreal.  I bought clothes for THREE KIDS in one store, during one outing.  THREE KIDS.   That is just scary even when I type it.

Picture of the outfits (can't figure out how to rotate the photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment