Thursday, January 27, 2011

Growth Scan Update

Baby A- face with right arm partially over it

I had another detailed ultrasound yesterday.  With twins or more they do these scans every 4 weeks to measure growth and make sure one baby isn't outgrowing the other, etc.  It's in a separate office than my OB - in the Fetal Care & Genetics Center.  Both babies are growing well.  One is measuring a bit larger than the other.  One is 1lb 3oz and the other is 1lb 5oz.  Baby A is still head down.  Baby B is now transverse, with his head on my right side and bottom on my left.  One of them was totally kicking the other in the face during the ultrasound.  I questioned the u/s tech about whether or not there is the possibility of injury in the womb.  Has a twin ever been born with bruises on the face (or other area) due to being kicked/punched/jabbed/elbowed in the womb?   Apparently (and luckily), this does not happen.  I guess amniotic fluid makes for great padding.

No comments:

Post a Comment