Saturday, September 13, 2014

Quick Post Before Bed

We are back on our own here in Encinitas.  My mom headed back to Virginia Friday morning, though she didn't arrive back there until tonight (Saturday).  She kept accepting travel vouchers as a trade for being bumped to a later flight.  She took two bumps and received hotel accommodations and breakfast and now has about $1000 in Delta airline vouchers!

I'm half-asleep as I type this, but I'm determined to post more regularly!  Nothing too exciting to post, though, and that's not always a bad thing.  Things are quiet.  I'm enjoying the quiet :)

We're in a heat wave here.  We don't have A/C and so far haven't really needed it at all.  Somehow our house stays cool inside even though it's baking outside.  All tile and wood floors downstairs, so I think that's a big part of it.  Either way, I'm ready for cooler temperatures.  We miss being outside, going to the park, etc.  I've been following a training plan to do a half-marathon and I'm up running by 6:30am 3-4 times a week so I can run in cooler temps.  That said, I'd probably be running that early even if it was overall cooler, as I try not to take too much time away from the rest of the day with the darn running! I like to get up and get it over with.  Did 7 miles today.  Just over two months until the half ...which I have yet to actually sign up for!  I better commit, huh?

All is well with the kiddos.  Chloë has completed 4 weeks of elementary school.  Owen & Eli have started in their new preschool classroom with Ms. Jenny (whom we ADORE! Chloe had her and we couldn't wait for the boys to get in her class).  Ella is all over the place, and jabbering away, yet not making much sense.  She's just 19 months old (as of today!) but she doesn't actually say many words yet (mama, dada, hot, dog (kind of)).... though she talks and talks and talks.  She understands, follows commands, etc... so we aren't too worried.  The boys were late talkers, as well.  Chloë was speaking in sentences at this point (and she never stopped talking from there).  Every child is different, I know. We'll see what they say at her doctor appointment coming up.

Anyways, time to cut myself off and get to sleep.  :)  Goodnight!  Buenos Noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment