Tuesday, September 23, 2014

A Little Bit About Nothing




Summer has come to an end, according to the calendar anyways.  I'm READY for the cooler autumn weather to make its appearance.  We had quite a few days of hot weather the past couple weeks and, without air-conditioning in our house, it would get pretty yucky around the 3pm hour.  Thankfully, it would cool down by dusk and then overnight would be chilly enough to sleep with doors wide open and blankets on (and by "doors" I'm speaking of the french doors on our bedroom balcony.  Yes, Mom, I do lock our lower-level, outside-access doors at night time!).  For the most the inside of our house stays relatively cool, even when the sun is baking the sidewalks just twenty feet away.  I think it's mainly due the open floor plan, tile and wood floors (no carpeting downstairs). So thank goodness for that!

We are staying busy, as always (who isn't?) and getting into our groove, or at least attempting to.  Picking up Chloë from school is still a bit of a pain since she still isn't able to do the drive-up pick-up thing just yet.  Eli seems to be pretty much DONE with his napping days, so I'm mourning that loss right now.  Meanwhile, Owen definitely still needs an afternoon nap...and I definitely still need an afternoon BREAK!  Actually, Eli napped today...and napped for 2 solid hours...BUT he is still awake right now at nearly 9pm.  He usually is asleep by 7:30/8pm so this is a first for him.  He keeps coming out of his room and asking if it's "wake up time" yet?  No, buddy.  Try again in about 10 hours!  Oh man, I just heard his door open again.  At this point I'll just decide that he is done with naps.  I'd rather him not sleep in the day than stay up late.  Better go check on him-  Goodnight!
Great shot of Gramma & Eli


Picnic dinners outdoors- love this in the summer
(oh wait, we can do this year-round..but not shirt-less!)


I walked around the corner to this the other day.
Eating their goldfish snack on the stoop.
Caught me off-guard.  Were they planning something?  Conspiring?
They look cute and innocent enough...but one can never be too certain....


brotherly love :)

No comments:

Post a Comment