Thursday, September 5, 2013

Chopped!


It has been pretty darn hot here lately.  We don't have A/C in our house...usually you don't need it...but I would definitely enjoy it if we had it right now!  September and October are usually the warmest months here in San Diego.  The summer had been pretty mild, but the past week the temps really jumped up there...complete with HUMIDITY.  YUCK!   When I say "jumped up", I mean the temps went into the 80s.  That's hot without A/C!  

Around 11:30am today I decided it would be a good idea for Chloë to get a haircut.  She's NEVER had a "real" haircut.  She's been the the hair salon ONE TIME in her 4 1/2 years...and they only trimmed off about an inch and a 1/2.  So I don't think that counts as a "real" haircut...though I'm sure I posted on here about it as her first real haircut.  Anyways, I called Kids Kuts and they said they could take her at 12:15.  So she and I (and Owen) headed over there while Myke was on his lunch break.  

Let me just give you this background in case you don't know Chloë well:  she REFUSES ponytails or hair clips on a regular basis.  I can sometimes talk/bribe her into a hair clip or bow for a formal photo...but a ponytail or a braid??  That would give her a panic attack.  Forget about it!   So her long hair is hot on her neck...and a couple of days ago I noticed a red rash on the back of her neck while washing her hair--a heat rash.  So that, on top of the fact that brushing her long hair was becoming more and more of a chore (tangles galore!), I figured it was time to cut it.  So we did!  

It looks GREAT!! I was a little sad to watch them cut off so much...and see all her baby curls drop onto the floor (the hair stylist warned me that those won't come back...her hair is growing in straight now)...but I am SO glad we got it cut.  She looks adorable..and it's much more "HER"....She looks like a big girl!   She loves it, too... so that's good :)  




pre-haircut photo outside Kids Kuts


Getting the cut


post-cut


side view


From the front

No comments:

Post a Comment