Wednesday, September 18, 2013



Today (Wednesday) was my morning with my boys.  Well, Ella was there, too, but she goes down for nap around 9:15am these days, and usually naps a couple of hours.  I tried to make an extra effort to really play with and BE with the boys today.  The past week or so they have both been a little more fussy and "TWO"-ish than they've ever been before.  Maybe because they are hitting the 2 1/2 year mark?  Or maybe because they have started preschool?  They are feeling a little more insecure?  Needing some extra attention and snuggles maybe?  Or are they witnessing some of this behavior at preschool and just starting to exhibit it more at home?  Probably a mix of all of the above  Also, they still aren't as verbal as most kids their age, I'd say.  They definitely understand everything and they do have words and are starting some sentences, but overall I think they speak less than their peers.  In fact, today I heard Eli say probably his second sentence ever.  It was "Mommy made a mess."   Thanks, Eli. (His first one was "Now it's Eli's turn" instead of the usual "Eli turn!  Eli turn!").  On another note, in case your wondering, I had made a mess.  So his sentence was a factual statement.  I was multi-tasking, as I like to say.  Was filling up Myke's iced tea pitcher with water in the wet bar sink.  While that was filling I went to rotate the laundry or take something out of the oven OR SOMETHING ...who knows....and forgot all about the water....until it overflowed and was going onto the floor.  Nice.  

As you can see, my blogging is all over the place.  That's how the flow of thought is in my head.  Now what was I talking about?  Oh, the boys. So due to their recent "terrible two" behavior, I wanted to really spend time doing something fun with them today.  So we did a cooking project!  It was for a pumpkin cookie recipe I found on Pinterest that sounded really yummy...so I thought we'd try it out.  


\
Stirring and mixing!


Big FAIL!!
Ended up throwing them all away...not sure what went wrong here.  Oh well.  Boys didn't even notice.


Chloë feeding Ella A BOTTLE!!
This is her first official time taking a bottle!  
(she's had a couple sips a couple times when Myke and I have been on date nights and someone other than me puts her to bed)


Bottle, part II.  She guzzled the first one so fast that we had to go downstairs and defrost more for her!


Okay, my blogging window is closing...the kids are waking up from rest.  Myke is gone for the rest of the evening, meeting with tax people and then taking a CPR class at the local fire station (we have a pool, afterall!).  The class goes 5-9pm.  So I'm flying solo for dinner and bedtime.  Luckily, the neighbors invited us over for pizza!  Yay!!  

I'll leave you with some photos that I took of a friend's baby shower last weekend.  Her neighbor/friend held it for her and it was just beautifully done.  Seems like all parties are Pinterest-inspired and magazine-worthy these days.  The photos don't do it justice, but it was a beautiful affair :)










Sony, the mama :)





No comments:

Post a Comment