Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Hump Day Report

We are only 4 days into life without house guests and I'm starting to want someone to come visit!  It was nice having other adults to talk to during the day (yes, Myke, I know you are an adult (sometimes) and work from home, so I DO get to talk to you, but only in short spurts, so it's a bit different).  At the same time, it's nice to be back on my own with the kids.  After 3 months of virtually non-stop extra sets of hands, I had started to wonder if I would be able to pick up where I left off.  Would I be able to handle four kids on my own again?  In reality, I have only had 4 kids on my own for a short less-than-two-month stint between when my mom left us in March and when she returned with my father in May!  So far, it is going well.  The boys and Chloë are in preschool both Monday and Friday mornings, and I think that will be what keeps me sane.  Just knowing that I have those two mornings to relax just a little, catch up on other aspects of my life, etc.

Yesterday I took all four kids to Kid Ventures again.  It's an indoor play area here in San Diego.  It's great because it's contained, has all sorts of fun things for the kids to climb on, slide down, dress up in, push, play and pretend.  AND they have a full-service coffee bar for the mommas.  What more could I ask for??   The kids run off and do their own things for the most part, besides Ella, of course.  She just watches and takes it all in.  When she gets tired I just pop her in the Ergo (baby carrier) and she falls right asleep snuggled up to me.  The only "challenges" are when someone needs a diaper change (take them all to the bathroom?  Leave the other 3 on their own in the play center?)  and getting to and from the car safely (we had to park pretty far from the door today as the parking lot was quite full).  Like our trip there last week, yesterday was another success!  And by success I mean, no one had a major breakdown (myself included), no diaper explosions, no one got lost, hurt, sick, run over by a car, etc.  Success!

The boys at Kid Ventures


Heading back to the car....all holding hands and being good listeners. 
I had to stop and capture it!


Chloë holding Ella's hand at her 6 month well-baby visit (Monday afternoon)
Ella is 17.7lbs and 28 inches long (off the charts in lenght!)
Healthy as an ox!


Owen helping Ella with her sippy cup. 
He's such a sweet big brother!


The boys playing with their new sorting fruit pie.
A pretty cool learning toy I bought on Amazon.
They loved sorting and naming the colors this morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment