Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Yet Another Edition: Conversations with 4-Year-Olds





Chloë:  Mom, when I turn five can I get some animals for my birthday?

Me:  Sure, what kind of toy animals would you want?

Chloë:  No, not toy animals.  REAL animals.

Me:  Like which ones?

Chloë:  How 'bout a pig.  A chicken.  A duck.  A guinea pig.  A horse.

....and how about a baby giraffe?  I'd like a baby giraffe.

Me: Wow, you want all of those?  Where will they stay?

Chloë: In the hay.

Me:  Where will the hay be?

Chloë:  In our yard.  Also, a cow.

Me:  Wow, that sure is a lot of animals.  I don't think we have room for all of those at our house.  

Chloë:  Okay.  I'll get rid of one.  The chicken.  I don't want the chicken.

.....but can I still have a baby chick?


This conversation kept going a bit more...but I'll end it here...because, in the end, this conversation wasn't going anywhere!


No comments:

Post a Comment