Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Happy One-Month to Ella! :)

First "real" bath (non-sponge bath)
1/12/13



Our little sweetie pie Ella-Bella is 1 month old today!  She is just the sweetest little baby so far...THANK GOD!!  What would I do if she wasn't?!  I'd be a mental case probably.  Myke and I are still waiting for the ball to drop and for her to turn into a fussy infant.  However, for now we're just counting our blessings and so relieved that the transition from three to four kids hasn't been TOO crazy, so far.  THAT SAID, we still have my mom here in town and she is Super-Gramma (I haven't had to load or unload my dishwasher in a month...and that's one chore I especially despise!)...so I have YET to be completely on my own during the day with all 4 kids.  One week left of the luxury of a live-in grandparent...then we'll see what the reality of 4 kids four and under is REALLY like!

My Dad was out here to visit for a week and flew back home yesterday.  His visit seemed to zip by so fast--and I realized it's because all the other parents were here visiting for AT LEAST two or three weeks, at the minimum.  I feel like I barely had time to chat with my Dad.  That week went way too fast!

Anyways, Ella has been a joy to have.  She only fusses when she is ready to eat or is tired.  She's a champion nurser and a good sleeper.  At night she wakes up, eats, gets changed and then back to sleep.    I'd love for her to do longer stretches between feedings (waiting for the 5 hour stretch to become more frequent!) but I'm not complaining.  She is starting to smile more and more and loves looking at her siblings, especially Chloë.  Chloë LOVES to hold Ella and asks to all the time.  Owen also is really into her lately and wants to hold her.  Eli, as I said before, was a bit more reserved at first but has been showing a lot more interest in her over the past few days.  He even held her for the first time, I think it was yesterday.


Some Photos:

A chilly day on the Carlsbad Seawall
Eli did not want to stop running around to get his photo taken!


Mom & Dad (aka Grandpa & Gramma)


My Dad with Ella 


After dinner on Grandpa's last night in town-
We went to Borrelli's Italian Restaurant
Kid's eat free on Monday nights.
I'm sure they love when we walk in the door!



Ella 


Owen holding Ella this morning


Owen's first real haircut
3/13/13


Sister snuggles


3/13/13
(before Owen's haircut)


No comments:

Post a Comment