Tuesday, March 26, 2013

"Booties" (pronounced: BOO-deez)


I have very little problem with feeding Ella in public.  I have a nursing cover so it's really no big deal.  No one is being flashed.  It's quite discreet.  And I'm feeding my baby...if you have a problem with that then go elsewhere.  That said, my 4-year-old seemed to be embarrassed by it.  Here is a conversation we had at the neighborhood park a couple weeks ago:

Chloë (about to climb the monkey bars):   Mommy, will you come help me do the bars?

Me: As soon as I'm done feeding Ella.

Chloë:  MOM!  No one wants to see that!!  

Me (shocked she even cared/noticed):  Chloë! I have a cover.

Chloë:  No one wants to see your booties! (what she calls 'boobies' ...I'm guessing she picked this up at preschool?)


I nearly fell off the bench...I was so surprised she even had an opinion on the whole thing...let alone cared who "saw my booties".  Hilarious!
Anyways, we had a little talk about it and she hasn't been bothered (or at least mentioned it) since, so I guess she's okay with it.  I just have no idea how she became so modest in that department.  On another related note- one Saturday (weeks after the above conversation took place), Myke was in the bathroom shaving.  We had a kid birthday party we were about to go to so he was getting ready.  He had his shirt off while shaving and Chloë asked if that was what he was going to wear to the party ("that" being jeans and no shirt).  Joking with her, he sold her it was.  Her response:  "Daaad!, No kids want to see your booties!".  She was mortified he might attend the birthday party topless.  We were rolling on the floor!

Nursing cover (for those who don't know what I'm talking about)


No comments:

Post a Comment