Monday, January 13, 2014

Christmas Quick-Recap





The past month has been a whirlwind...but definitely a fun whirlwind of holiday hustle-bustle and cheer!  It was a WONDERFUL Christmas!  My brother and his significant other, Adriano, surprised us and flew in from where they live in Santiago, Chile to spend Christmas with us here in San Diego.  He had told me a few months back that he was coming on a  Delta BuddyPass (which is basically standby) so I had been so excited about the thought of my parents and my brother all being at our house for the holidays.  We decided we wouldn't tell my parents and we would surprise them.  Well, when it got up to the date they were going to attempt to get on the flight...the flight was full and there were no seats available for BuddyPass ticket-holders.  I was bummed, but figured they would have better luck the next day.  There is only one flight from Santiago to the US each day so they had to return to the airport each day to try to get on the flight.  To make a long story short, they came to the realization that they most likely wouldn't get on a flight unless they purchased an actual seat (versus a standby-type BuddyPass), so they did just that.  Except they didn't tell me they had done that. Instead, day after day I just kept getting texts from Hale (my brother) saying "No go" and "The flight was full again:(".   I was disappointed more and more each day and figured it just wasn't going to happen.  Well, in fact, they HAD gotten on a flight and were in L.A. for a couple days...even hanging out with one of my best friends, unbeknownst to me!  They decided to surprise Myke and I as well.  And they sure did! 

So it was a great Christmas having my family all together.  We had a full house with 10 people but it was such a fun time.  Plenty of sight-seeing (it was Adriano's first trip to the US), hiking, eating, drinking, eating, and eating and drinking.  And repeat.  I have 4 new pounds to show for it.   It rarely happens that we're all in the same place at the same time....so when it does I cherish every moment.
It was a wonderful week together :)


No comments:

Post a Comment