Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy January!


We're having (what I think is) record warm weather this week here in San Diego.  The temps are reaching the high 70's to low 80's.  I say that that "I think" it's record temps because I actually have no clue.  I never get a chance to watch the news/weather/etc these days.  All I know is that it's January and it's warm and beautiful out!   On top of that, the other fabulous piece to the puzzle is that I we have our very own live -in "manny" staying with us this week!  Yes!  Thom Hines (Myke's father) stayed on an extra 5 days after Myke's mom left to help us out.  It has been great- I've gotten to run quite a few errands on my own - sans kids!  It's so much faster and more relaxed that way.  On top of that, Myke and I have had doctor or dentist appointments almost every day this week.  You gotta fit 'em in while you have the help!  Otherwise it's a big ordeal just to get your teeth cleaned (finding a sitter who can com sporadically during the weekdays for an hour or two, paying a sitter, etc...or Myke has to take off work..and as a contract worker that is no bueno.  No paid time off there!)  

I've also been able to give the kids a bit more one-on-one time with the extra set of hands around.  On Monday I took Chloë to a nearby pool for a few hours.  It has been months (or longer) since we had been in the water and it was a blast!   Great mother-daughter time.  I miss that time with her....

Is this January?!


Lounging with her juice box treat.  Sporting her ("Cars") floaties! 








And we topped it off with ice cream!  What a day!




MEANWHILE....(While we're off having fun in the sun....):

Our manny hard at work with a tandem feed!



The boys playing with one of their Christmas gifts.



One of the only ways to keep these guys contained!  

No comments:

Post a Comment