Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween!!

We had a great time over Halloween weekend.  Friday we went to a Halloween carnival at the Pacific Beach Rec Center a few blocks from our house.  It was a blast - they had all kinds of games for kids, a mini-fire engine ride around a big grassy field, a HUGE blow up slide (my favorite--and yes, I had to "help" Chloë go down), a costume contest, cake walk, and all sorts of tricks and treats.  Myke ended up leaving to take the boys home for bed but Chloë and I ended up staying there until well after dark.  We also went to Sea World (in costume) for their Halloween Spooktacular event that they have each year.  Sea World is about a mile from our house and my parents gave us annual passes so we try to go as often as possible.  Mainly we just go so Chloë can burn off energy as they have a huge play area with places to run, climb, jump, etc.  Anyways, the went all out for Halloween and had trick-or-treating stations for the kids, tons of really well-done workers in costume, haunted areas, etc.  The highlight of the evening was seeing Snoop Dog.  Haha, for reals!  He walked right by us with his three big body guards.  At first I thought it was someone dressed as him for Halloween, but then realized it was him.  He definitely stands out in a crowd.  Anyways, I later found out he goes there all the time.  Random.

Then on the the actual day of Halloween Chloë had a costume parade at her preschool in the morning followed by trick-or-treating in the church lady's office (her preschool is in a church).  Myke and I went to watch and took the boys (in costume) as well.  That evening I let Myke (and the boys) off the hook from more Halloween fun and just Chloë and I went out for trick-or-treating.  Besides, the Chargers game was starting at 5:30 so Myke was MORE than happy to stay back.

Chloë and I had a BLAST trick-or-treating with some friends in their neighborhood.  The kids got it this year.  They just ran from door to door and both filled up their pumpkins until they were so heavy they couldn't carry them anymore.  It was just such a fun time.  I'm not sure who enjoyed it more, me or Chloë (Myke would say me)!

Until next year!...

bumble bees! (do they look like they are OVER these costumes or what?)


my little ladybug at Sea World


preschool parade


first stop of the evening



Jax & Chloë trick-or-treating





Kara, Jefe (dog), Jax & Jon (Tangled!)

No comments:

Post a Comment