Friday, July 8, 2011

Day One: Smooth Like Butta



Day one of being on my own with three kids couldn't have gone better!  I'm actually shocked at how smooth it has gone -- and I KNOW that all days won't be like today (I'm sure it was a fluke) but I'm so happy that we had such a good day.  And to top it off:  It's Friday!!  So I only had to do one day and then I have Myke with me all weekend.  Woo!  Let me re-cap the smoothness:

So first off all, the boys ate at 9pm last night and then went to bed.  They sleep swaddled in a PakNPlay downstairs.  We kicked them out of our room early as they are loud and grunty sleepers.  Anyways, so they were asleep by 10pm.  Usually they get up to eat again anywhere between 5- 6 hours after their last feeding of the day.  That is their longest stretch.  Well, this time they didn't get up until 5AM!!!  That's an 8 hour stretch from one feeding to the next.  Their longest to date!  I hope they repeat that again...  I even came down by 4am to make sure they were alive and then just dozed on the couch next to them until they woke up.  So it started off well because we all got sleep.  After feeding them at 5am I went back to sleep for a bit until Chloë woke up around her usual 7am.  Myke has been going into work at 9am lately so I we had 2 hours together this morning.  Having two adults on hand let us get showers, get dressed, eat breakfast, get Chloë breakfast, take the dog out, start laundry, etc without much trouble.  Also, today was a play date at one of Chloe's little friend's house.  It was a first play date outing for the boys - and they weren't even the youngest babies there- another friend of ours had her 4 week old baby there.  So we packed everything up and drove to the play date.  I was wondering how I would get two infants, a toddler and the huge diaper bag (and my iced latte) into the house by myself but it all worked out as some friends came out to help.   The play date went well... Chloë had a blast, the boys were pretty good, and when they did fuss there were plenty of willing arms to hold them.  We stayed for nearly 3 hours!  When we got home Myke was on lunch break so he helped us carry everything in on that end.  Then Chloë was tired and asked to take a nap. Yes, she has been asking us to go to sleep lately.  So she went down earlier than usual, and the babies were exhausted from the playdate themselves so they were both sleeping in swings....and I TOOK A NAP on the couch!!  I had about an 1 1/2 hours of rest time until Chloë woke up.  It was wonderful!  Anyways, I do need to cut this short because I hear a baby crying--but the rest of the afternoon went great.  The boys continued to sleep, Chloë was in a good mood and decided she wanted to sit on the couch and read a stack of books--so I had time to clean up around the house and do some things...then Myke got off early at 4:15pm.  Let the weekend begin!   



arts and crafts at the play date today

Owen smiling this morning


Had to add this one:
When I "google-imaged" "like butta" to get the photo at the top of this entry...this option also came up. 
Random....


No comments:

Post a Comment