Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Breast Pumps & Minivans...

Lucas & Chloë

Not many of our "pre-baby friends" have kids.  Most of them are still doing the single thing, the downtown thing, the bar scene, etc.  We have friends with kids, but I think almost all of them we've met since Chloë was born...I guess that's just the way things happen...especially in southern California where it seems like people do the single thing for a lot longer than other places.  Finally, one of the few married couples that we were friends with "pre-Chloë" had their own baby.  He was born in February and I'm pretty sure I posted his photo on here back when he was born.  Anyways, these friends came over last week for dinner and brought Lucas with them.  The whole "realization that we are old" thing started when we planned dinner for something like 5pm on a Saturday evening.  We had to keep Chloë and Lucas' bed times in mind.  Then we decided it would (of course) be easier to order in instead of do the restaurant thing with a toddler and three babies.  So we ordered Thai food and ate it at the house...and then we were sitting around talking and before I knew it the conversation was about breast pumps and minivans.  I even found myself talking up our Honda Odyssey - they are planning to purchase a new car in the next year or so.  Yes, I was SUGGESTING a minivan!  The one I was so resistant to get a few months back.  I couldn't even believe the words were coming out of my mouth as I spoke.  What has happened to me????  Myke says the me-ten-years-ago would barf if she knew what the me now was driving, saying...and not to mention wearing--it's 1:15pm and I'm wearing my bathrobe over a tank top and stretchy capri legging-type things.  Hey, it's about the comfort!  At least I got a shower in.  

And, by the way, our friends were out the door by 8pm... bed time for Lucas called.  Yes, it was a wild Saturday night, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment