Saturday, March 12, 2016

Cleanse Done!

Yes, I finished on Thursday at the end of the day...so Friday was my first day back to "real food" (ironic?) after 3 days of smoothies.  I was pretty nervous to eat at first and ended up starting the day with green tea and then the breakfast smoothie.  I did finally treat myself to a (decaf!) coffee with a  little half n half and then some avocado toast at a favorite local coffee spot.  HowEVER, the toast was not that great AT ALL so I ended up scraping the topping off and ditching the bread.  The topping consisted of avocado, feta, and some cherry tomatoes...all very yummy!  The coffee was pretty tasty, too, and, although I've found I really don't NEED caffeine like I thought I did (I was actually only drinking half-caff and only one cup for the most part pre-cleanse so it wasn't TOO much in the first place).  I'm going to try to just get decaf when I get coffees.  We'll see if I start making decaf here at home (I actually put my coffee pot in the garage during one of my mid-cleanse-rampage-cleaning-sessions when I wanted the counters to look less cluttered) or maybe I'll continue with the green tea and lemon in the mornings.  Maybe I could get used to that??

Avo Toast (and side salad)
The first meal back after 3 days on the dark side 
(or was it light side?)

Okay, enough about the cleanse.  So far, now that we are at Saturday night and I've had 2 full days NOT being on the cleanse, I'm still feeling really good, I have a lot less desire for snacking and I've had smoothies for breakfast both days.  Planning/hoping to stick with the good habits and continuing to be mindful of what goes into my mouth! Okay, enough about the cleanse.  Really this time!


Today: 

Chloë the super-star at basketball 
(YMCA co-ed age 6 & 7 year old team)


She scored 10 points today!  5 baskets!


Cheering Squad on the sidelines!



We are guinea-pig sitting this weekend!
For the school pets at Eli & Owen's preschool.
Chloë & Ella want to hold these guys NON-stop!


Tomorrow Myke's parents arrive back into San Diego after 2 months back at their east coast house in PA.  We're excited to have them back and even more excited that they're bringing Gram (or "GG"), Myke's grandmother, with them for a 2 week visit!  So special that the kids will get to spend time with their great-grandmother.  

Is the time change really happening tonight?!
  
Is Easter really only 2 weeks away!?  

Can we SLOW things DOWN people??!!  Where is the time going?










No comments:

Post a Comment